Responding to increasing concerns over climate change, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI:www.teriin.org), the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES:www.iges.or.jp), and World Bank Tokyo Development Learning Center (TDLC:www.jointokyo.org) have jointly developed an eight-week blended distance learning program on “Science and Policy of Climate Change”. This will be conducted for Asia-Pacific region from 8 April to 8 June 2011.
The program targets graduate students, development practitioners, policy makers, corporates, and mid-level professionals in the Asia Pacific region, interested in the following topics:
Module 1: Science of climate change
Module 2: Impacts of climate change
Module 3: Coping with climate change
Module 4: Action and political economy
What will be the Learning Outcomes?
After completion of the program, the participants will be able to:
* Develop a holistic understanding of the climate-change problem, which can potentially affect all dimensions of life (business, society, environment, etc);
* Acquire technical skills required to address problems with respect to the varied dimensions of climate change;
* Identify, create, and reflect upon ‘integrated approaches’ and appropriate interventions that may lead to taking necessary action and coping with climate change; and
* Put theory into practice by
– Applying science into policy making;
– Exploring the risks and opportunities for business;
– Formulating sound strategies for adaptation and mitigation; and
– Understanding interface between development and climate change.
How will you you learn?
The e-learning course applies a unique blended approach combining the below methods to enhance your learning:
* Videoconference lectures by international experts from TERI, IGES, and other institutions. Six 2-hour videoconference sessions will be conducted at local GDLN Centers including introductory and concluding sessions. Videoconference sessions will feature the theme topics in the module, and will be webcast live for those unable to attend at the country venues.
* Self-paced study: video recorded lectures, academic article and other handout materials & resources will be available for viewing on the program website for self-paced study.
* Assignments, tutoring, and e-discussion provided on-line to communicate with experts and other participants.
* Certification by the organizers upon successful completion of the program.
Registering couldn’t be easier…
Please visit and register at: http://www.esdonline.org/spcc/ Registration closes latest by 31 March 2011
We look forward to your participation in this program!
The Energy and Resources Institute
Core 6C, India Habitat Centre,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003
Mobile: +91 98110 09263