An e-learning course on Climate Change Diplomacy has been developed by the Multilateral Diplomacy Programme (MDP) of the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR). The course aims to provide the training necessary for participation in multilateral negotiations, public sector work, and diplomatic engagement in relation to climate change through an enhanced understanding of its science, international policy framework, and the key negotiation issues pertinent to reaching a post-2012 agreement.
The course will run from February 21st until April 15th, 2011.
The course content will include the following one-week modules:
1. Understanding Climate Change and Global Vulnerabilities
2. Introduction to Climate Change Diplomacy
3. Implementation, Compliance and Enforcement of the UNFCCC and Kyoto Protocol
4. Mitigating Climate Change
5. Adapting to Climate Change
6. International Considerations for Climate Change Decision Making
7. Other Important Considerations for International Climate Change Negotiations
8. Towards a Post-2012 Agreement
More information can be found online at http://www.unitar.org/event/climate-change-diplomacy-feb11
Registration for the course is now open. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please do not hesitate to contact Miss Emily Fraser (email@example.com) should you require any further details/information regarding the course (further contact details are as below).
With kind regards,
Ms. Emily Fraser
Multilateral Diplomacy Programme
United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
Palais des Nations
1211 Genève 10
T: +41(0)22-917 8810