Spencer Weart’s New Hypertext Supplement
If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to our RSS feed.
Many of you have probably used Spencer Weart’s The Discovery of Global Warming in your classes; the book, now in its second edition, remains the definitive source on the history of climate change scientific research, as well as one of the best sources for explaining the operation of GCMs. Now, Weart has developed an extensive hypertext supplement to the book.
The resource, which can be downloaded also as a single file, or PDF versions of individual chapters, includes the following topics:
- Influences of Carbon Dioxide
- Climate Data
- Theory (mostly focused on GCMs)
- Climate and Society
The book also includes an extensive reference section, including a time line of key events in climate science history.
- Climate Interactive Scorecard on the Copenhagen Accord
- New Earthscan Earthcast on CC
- Dealing with Climate Skepticism in Environmental Law Survey Classes
- New Study on Earth Sensitivity to Rising Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide Concentrations
Filed under: Climate Change Science, Pedagogy