Here’s a very good collection of analyses of COP 16, posted originally on the Global Environmental Politics listserve.
Triple Crisis Blog: (www.triple.crisis.com)
Spotlight:Cancún includes post-mortem analysis by:
- Tom Athanasiou, Director EcoEquity and Greenhouse Development Rights;
- Ahmed Abdel Latif, IP and Technology Program Manager, ICTSD
- Kelly Sims Gallagher, Director Center for International Environment and Resource Policy (CIERP), Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University;
- Martin Khor, Director, South Centre; (and here)
- Ricardo Meléndez-Ortiz, Founder and Chief Executive of the International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD);
- Frank Ackerman
Spotlight Cancún also features contributions by:
- Elizabeth A. Stanton, Senior Economist at the Stockholm Environment Institute;
- Aaron Leopold, Director of the Environment and Sustainable Development section at the Global Governance Institute;
- Pablo Suarez, Visiting Fellow at Boston University’s Frederic S. Pardee Center for the Study of the Longer-range Future and a researcher for the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA);
- Kristen A. Sheeran, Executive Director of Economics for Equity and the Environment Network;
- Janot Mendler de Suarez, Working Group Leader for the Global Oceans Forum Working Group on Oceans, Climate & Security;
- Nathan Russell, Senior Communications Officer, Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research Fund (CGIAR);
- Alan AtKisson, CEO and founder of the AtKisson Group;
- Graciela Chichilnisky, Professor of Economics and Mathematical Statistics at Columbia University;
- Eban Goodstein, Director of Bard Center for Environmental Policy;
- Adil Najam, Director, Boston University’s Pardee Center for the Study of the Longer-Range Future
- Kevin Gallagher and Frank Ackerman, Senior Researcher and Senior Research Fellow at Global Development and Environment Institute;
- Miquel Muñoz, Postdoctoral Fellow at Boston University’s Pardee Center for the Study of the Longer-Range Future.
IISD RS – International Institute for Sustainable Development – Reporting Services
- Earth Negotiations Bulletin – Summary – http://www.iisd.ca/download/pdf/enb12498e.pdf
- Dailies, pics, etc. – http://www.iisd.ca/climate/cop16/
Pew Center on Global Climate Change:
- Summary of the Cancún Agreements by the Pew Center on Global Climate Change – http://www.pewclimate.org/docUploads/cancun-climate-conference-cop16-summary.pdf
Additional Pew Center reports and policy briefs released in Cancún include:
- The Evolution of Multilateral Regimes: Implications for Climate Change http://www.pewclimate.org/publications/report/evolution-multilateral-regimes-implications-climate-change
- Strengthening International Climate Finance http://www.pewclimate.org/publications/brief/strengthening-international-climate-finance
- Strengthening MRV http://www.pewclimate.org/publications/brief/strengthening-mrv-measurement-reporting-and-verification
- MRV: A Survey of Reporting and Review in Multilateral Regimes http://www.pewclimate.org/publications/brief/mrv-survey-reporting-and-review-multilateral-regimes
Harvard Project on Climate Agreements
- Why Cancun Trumped Copenhagen: Warmer Relations on Rising Temperatures – http://enews.belfercenter.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=lj1i,p3im,7oo,112o,36i2,j531,jt38
- What Happened (and Why): An Assessment of the Cancun Agreements – http://belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu/analysis/stavins/?p=876
- Defining Success for Climate Negotiations in Cancun – http://belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu/analysis/stavins/?p=854
The Climate Group
- Post-Cancún Analysis – http://www.theclimategroup.org/_assets/files/Post-Cancun-Analysis_1.pdf
- International climate financing – From Cancún to a 2°C stabilisation pathway – http://www.ecofys.com/com/publications/report_international_climate_financing.htm
- Never less than in Cancun and much more in Durban… – http://www.sustainlabour.org/boletines/diciembre10/post_cop_16_en.html
- The Road from Cancún – http://blogs.worldwatch.org/greeneconomy/the-road-from-cancun/
ICTSD – International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development
- Cancun Climate Summit Exceeds Low Expectations, But Sidesteps Trade Issues – http://ictsd.org/i/news/bridgesweekly/99004/
- An Ethical Analysis of the Cancun Climate Negotiations Outcome – http://rockblogs.psu.edu/climate/2010/12/an-ethical-analysis-of-the-cancun-climate-negotiations-outcome.html
Institue of Green Economy
- Cancun Technology Breakthrough Should Deal with a Fatal Flaw Within – http://www.igrec.in/Cancun_Technology_Breakthrough_Hides_a_Fatal_Flaw_Within.pdf
Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
- Benito Müller – Time to Roll Up the Sleeves – Even Higher! – http://www.oxfordenergy.org/pdfs/comment_10_01_11.pdf
- Benito Müller – UNFCCC – The Future of the Process: Remedial action on process ownership and political guidance – http://www.climatestrategies.org/research/our-reports/category/55/302.html
CISDL – Centre for International Sustainable Development Law
- From Copenhagen to Cancun: A Changing Climate for Human Rights in the UNFCCC? – http://www.preventionweb.net/files/17552_fromcopenhagentocancun20110110.pdf
Other released in Cancún:
- Freya Baetens, Foreign Investment Law and Climate Change: Legal Conflicts Arising from Implementing the Kyoto Protocol through Private Investment.
- Sébastien Jodoin, Rights-Based Framework for Climate Finance.
- Sarah A. Mason-Case and Prof. Marie-Claire Cordonier Segger, International Law and Climate Finance.
- Benoît Mayer, International Law and Climate migrants.
- Frederic Perron-Welch, Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation: Mexico’s Solution for Offsetting Emissions while Respecting Indigenous and Local Community Rights.
- Josh Roberts, Linking Climate Change with Biodiversity-Related Multilateral Environmental Agreements.
- Marie-Claire Cordonier Segger and Markus Gehring, Trade and Investment Implication of Carbon Trading for Sustainable Development.
- Sean Stephenson, Making Jobs Work: The Right to Work, Jobs and Green Structural Change.
- Dr. Charlotte Streck, How Climate Change can Catalyze Sustainable Land-Management.
- Verki Michael Tunteng, Legal Aspects of Climate Change Policy.
- Patricia Parkinson and Dr. Andrew Wardell, Legal Frameworks to Support REDD Pro-Poor Outcomes.
Energy Business Reports
- Can We Call the Cancun Agreements a Success? http://energybusinessdaily.com/renewables/can-we-call-the-cancun-agreements-a-success/
- Understanding the 2010 Cancun Agreement [!!!PAID ARTICLE!!!] http://energybusinessreports.com/shop/Understanding-the-2010-Cancun-Agreement.html?v=1&itemid=3436&ref=ebd
Climate Change TV (www.climate-change.tv)
- Interviews we collected at Cancun from negotiators and observers: http://www.climate-change.tv/cctv-videos/guide-to-further-content
- Additionally, the Climate Change Studio (http://unfccc.int/meetings/cop_16/side_events_exhibits/items/5832.php) got to speak to representatives from over 130 NGOs, IGOs and Parties. Their diverse messages can be accessed more specifically at www.climate-change.tv/category/unfccc-inside/cop16-2010.
- Pablo Solón: Why Bolivia stood alone in opposing the Cancún climate agreement – http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/cif-green/2010/dec/21/bolivia-oppose-cancun-climate-agreement
- Achim Steiner: Viewpoint: Cancun can-do – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12049951
- Connie Hedegaard: Cancun climate deal holds out hope – http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/thinktank/2010-12/22/content_11738628.htm
- Rohini Pande , Michael Greenstone: (on Cancún and India) Daring to be different — and right – http://www.indianexpress.com/news/daring-to-be-different-and-right/727957/0
- Aarthi S Anand: Will India capitalise on Cancun gains? – http://expressbuzz.com/opinion/op-ed/will-india-capitalise-on-cancun-gains/242946.html
- Saliem fakir – From Cancun to Durban – what’s in store for the next 12 months? http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/from-cancun-to-durban-whats-in-store-for-the-next-12-months-2011-01-14
- African Union -http://www.au.int/en/sites/default/files/AUC_NEWS_EN_DECEMBER_2010_THE_NEWS_LETTER_AFRICA_UNION_COMMISSION.pdf
- Oppenheimer: the post-Cancun climate change climate – http://www.blockislandtimes.com/view/full_story/11270993/article-Oppenheimer–the-post-Cancun-climate-change-climate–