Recruitment is now open for London-Loughborough Centre for Doctoral Research in Energy Demand studentships for the 2013/14 academic year, with up to 6 fully funded studentships available at UCL-Energy!
- Are you interested in energy demand research; a complex interplay of people, buildings and economics?
- Are you looking for a high level multidisciplinary doctoral training programme (MRes + PhD) in energy which gives you the opportunity to learn from experienced researchers and to undertake original research at a world leading institution?
- Are you a graduate with a good first degree in one of the following areas; physics, mathematics, engineering, natural sciences, geographical sciences, social sciences, materials science, architecture, planning and surveying or any other built environment disciplines?
- As one of our students you will join a vibrant and diverse community of academics and graduate students.
- Join either UCL (6 studentships available) or Loughborough University (3 studentships available) where you will be supervised by world-leading academics assisted by industry partners and stakeholders providing a route into future employment in the rapidly expanding field of energy demand research.
- You will gain project and programme management skills; teamwork, communication and leadership skills; and the ability to seek optimal solutions to complex or multifaceted problems.
- You will receive an enhanced stipend of £17,090 per annum tax free plus UK/EU fees for four years (conditions apply).
Visit the Join Us pages of the London-Loughborough Centre website for more information on how to apply! Deadline for applications Monday 18 March
Other funding opportunities
Our partner institute, the UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources is also now offering 9 fully funded studentships (conditions apply), to begin in September 2013. These include eight project on defining indicators for the sustainable use of resources and one further project on modelling material use in the global energy system. http://www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/sustainable/programmes/sure_dtp/open-projects.
phone:+44 (0)20 3108 5999 (internal 55999)
fax:+44 (0)20 3108 5986