The Renewables-Grid-Initiative is hosting workshop on “How can Grids protect and enhance the Environment? Implementing the European Grid Declaration”.
The meeting takes place in 3 October 2012 in Paris. The agenda is found at http://renewables-grid.eu/uploads/media/RGI_Workshop_Implementing_the_EGD_Programme_14.9.pdf
Adjunct Professor Muir will be presenting on marine aspects of the offshore electricity grid infrastructure This is the first time that marine aspect of the Grid Declaration (an agreement between trasmission service operator and environmental organizations) is being considered.
Workshop speakers include:
Chair: Antonella Battaglini, RGI
• Michel Badré, French Environmental Authority
• Loretta Boman, OFGEM, UK
• András Demeter, DG Environment, EU Commission
• Nick Droy, RSPB
• Ric Eales, Collingwood Environmental Planning
• Katja Horenk, 50Hertz Transmission
• Elodie Jaussaud, RTE
• Sébastien Lépy, ENTSO-E
• Magdalena Muir, Coastal & Marine Union
• Clémence Salvaudon, French Museum for Natural History
• Ivan Scrase, RSPB
• Frauke Thies, EPIA
• Jean Verseille, RTE
Registration is available at:
The environmental impact of grids has previously been discussed in prior activities, also available on the RGI website:
- The European Grid Declaration with new signatories.
- The European Grid Conference where the Declaration was signed and handed over to Energy Commissioner Oettinger (November 2011, Brussels)
- The documentation of the last RGI workshop on The Need for Grids (June 2012, Hannover).
- The documentation of the first RGI workshop on Environmental Impacts of Grids (June 2011, Glasgow).